A large religious-based school in highly populated San Francisco decided to split into two ‘sister’ organizations. However, as families sometimes do, the information that passed from the first generation to the second was not exactly clear. Brandeis Marin was referred to Nonprofit Garden after hearing we were experts in data management for The Raiser’s Edge. Initially, they simply needed a clean, clear database to use on a daily basis.
The Raiser’s Edge Project Highlights
Furnished strategic support in RE with specific work on reporting, alum management, CFA coding refinement
Created standardized monthly reports and easy-to-run queries to support the day-to-day operations of a 2-person shop.
Customized basic fields, general administration and set up configuration rules that reflect the new school’s needs and concerns.
Nonprofit Garden met with Brandeis Marin School right away to better understand the current state of their database. This initial meeting and the following analysis allowed Kristen to make specific recommendations on the most critical needs. After the reorganization it was critical for Brandeis Marin to redefine and set up basic Campaigns, Fund and Appeal structures that would make sense and be easily managed with the new institution. We also worked directly with the finance department to ensure the GL and new development office were making data reconciliation as easy as possible.
- Worked with the Brandeis Marin Team to review, prepare & import data into The Raiser’s Edge from the ’15-16 school year.
- Reviewed and updated basic RE/Campaign, Fund and Appeal structure to support ongoing growth and management reporting.
- Improved gift and data entry processes.
- Facilitated phase 1 of discussion with stakeholders in preparation for selecting another CRM; will provide consultation and support for data conversion during phase 2.
- Provide one-on-one training to frontline staff and power users of The Raiser’s Edge to improve day-to-day operations.
- Provided The Raiser’s Edge consulting services over the course of 2 years as well as ongoing consulting services on an as needed basis.