10 Must-Haves in Your Capital Campaign Website
You don’t have to be Harvard or UCLA to have a great looking website for your next capital campaign. Regardless of size, there is no better way to get out the word on your exciting new campaign than a dedicated website with splash page content, deep dive information on the goals, mission, and objectives of the campaign, and don’t forget the visuals that encourage individual participation and gifts along the way!
If you are already using WordPress, one of the Blackbaud online products (Luminate, NetCommunity, Spark), or a combination of these — you’ve already invested in the technology! Now all you need is a little design know-how, and a capital campaign with specific objectives. Don’t be left behind in your outreach to donors. Traditional major gifts may not be made online, but the information that informs and supports the cultivation of those gifts should be.
Our 10 Must-Haves
- Fully-responsive site easily viewed in mobile, tablet or laptop.
- SEO, Google AdWords, Keywords, Searchable Images, and Meta Tags
- Easy to manage rotating content on the landing page. Don’t forget about updating the “in progress” photos!
- Videos highlighting your leading donors in the quiet phase. Why did they give?
- Infographics or other visual elements to quickly express the impact of a donor’s gift.
- Details on the timeline, overall objective, budget, and impact on the community
- E-News signup list specifically for Capital Campaign donors. Keep them in the loop!
- One-click, mobile-friendly donation page
- Ongoing list of campaign contributors and levels
- Thank You’s and Partner Pages (who is the Developer? who is the Architect? etc.)
Oh, and don’t forget to check out a few of the best higher ed capital campaign websites for other great ideas.
Nonprofit Garden on the Road
We love to see our clients and customers around the country whenever we are in the area! Here are a couple places you can find us in the next few months. Please reach out if we will be in your neck of the woods!
- March 22-24th – San Jose, CA – NTEN Conference
- April / May – Dallas, TX and North Carolina
- June 22-24th – Boston, MA
Founder & CEO of Nonprofit Garden